THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Place to Call Home

I am officially, again, a homeowner. After a month of hoop jumping and some last minute requirements met, I have purchased a home. When I moved to Arizona some 5 years ago, I swore I would only own a new built home with granite countertops. Wellll....see how quickly this changes. I just bought a bank-owned property built in 1995. Granted this is considered new to my friends in New York, but is quite an oldie here in AZ. But the lure of this home was too great. First the price was too good to pass up. Secondly, the property. I have always wanted to own more than a "plot" of land. Now I have an acre and a quarter. Location was another big draw. Closer to main shopping, still in Chandler schools, but surrounded by other acreage was a boon. There is a quite privacy I couldn't imagine in the tightly controlled HOA communities. And a novelty for AZ, a basement! Since this house is an "old" one, it doesn't have a history of water problems. It needs TLC, paint and such. And no, no granite. But it is on my list of things to do to make it MINE!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats, Valerie! It sounds like a neat house.