THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Friendship Lost

I knew when I uprooted and moved 2500 miles away from where I grew up and lived most my life I would change the landscape of my existing friendships. Beleive it or not, that was one of the most difficult things I had to do, leaving my friends. It has now been almost 4 years since I arrived in the Valley of the Sun, and my friendships have evolved. One has grown stronger....another has remained, but I sure do miss her. And yet another one has been lost.

I never thought in my 25 years of knowing my friend, that we would stop. This is not my choice. This is due to a misunderstanding, and one that can easily be rectified. I undderstand why she would be mad at me, but she is mistaken in her reason. I am not angry, and it is one sided. At a time when my life is in such upheaval, I long for the closeness of the people who have known me for most of my life. I ache for the stability, just to give me some connection. But it is gone. I will always be here if she changes her mind, but I feel like my heart has been broken.

0 comments: