THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Volunteerism

I know it is in the spirit of giving, we volunteer. We give of ourselves to others, to better someone else's world. It is time consuming. It is exacting. It can take it's toll. It seems people forget that volunteers are not required to participate and be there all the time. We make mistakes. We try hard to be the spirit of the organization in which we represent. I do not have a secret agenda. I do not appreciate the back talking, the lack of respect and the negative attitude. Without our volunteers in the world, many distinguished organizations would cease to exist. These programs are available because someone like me has taken the time out her busy schedule to be an influence on the world. Quite honestly, I have had enough. There is no appreciation for the hard work. No true realization how much effort and planning goes into each activity. I am tired of having parents complain about how I do things, or how the rules are explained to me. I'm tired of having my judgement and knowledge not trusted. I'm tired of having people who have no time to volunteer complain about me living up to the goals of the organization. So now it is my turn to be the one who is not involved but will hopefully reap the rewards of someone else's servitude.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry it came to this. Hopefully you'll teach them a harsh lesson.