THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Regional Attitude Differences

A good friend of mine who is a west coast native recently went on a weekend jaunt to New York City. While relaying her travels, she made a point about the perceived rudeness of New Yorkers. She admitted if she hadn't known me she would certainly view them in that light, but I have changed her mind. The attitude isn't rudeness but in fact abruptness. She finally understood how the pace of society there dictates how we would speak with each other. How you need to know what you want to order right away or other people get annoyed. The tour guide at the museum telling the group to hurry up. She finally understood my frustrations with the laid back west coast thing, and how I talk about trying to mellow out here. So my question to all my readers, do you think there truly are regional differences or is it just a stereotype?

0 comments: