THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Reflection

Eleven years ago tomorrow I married John. I thought I would reflect how different my life is now, than when I took my wedding vows. When we got married, we had just bought our first home together, in New York. I was working as a special education preschool teacher in Queens, he was a sales manager for a pool company. We worked a lot, went out all the time and focused on making our house a home.

Now, I haven't worked in seven years. Never would I have thought that would happen. We have three children, not the two we had always thought. Now, Arizona is my home, 2400 miles away from our first. I have lost my amazing father who never saw his youngest grandchild born. My wonderful grandmothers have passed on, and I missed their funerals. My very dear friend Rich Galletti also is gone now, and I miss him dearly. I didn't truly appreciate them while they were alive.

I have new friends I never would have dreamed of knowing, and many old ones from before 1997. I have the love of a man who truly understands me, even though I test the limit all the time. My blessings have been many, and I pray I can say the same eleven years from now.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer said...

Life changes a lot in 11 years huh? Sorry for all your losses. I know everyone has them but losing friends and family is a painful reminder of our fragility. But I have to take exception to one thing, you haven't worked OUTSIDE THE HOME in 7 years. God knows what we do for our families is the worst paying but most rewarding job ever. : )