THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why Do I Go to the Gym?

My mother asked me this question today. Of course I gave the standard reply, "it's for my health". I started to really think about what prompted me to start after never working out before in my life. It seems I have hit an age and time in my life that I don't look as good as I did when I got married 11 years ago. When I was young I was a hottie, now I'm just lukewarm. It's amazing what having children does to you body.

Vanity is getting the best of me. I really could lose 10 pounds, but dang it just doesn't want to come off! I'm terrified that I am on a slippery slope to being fat and ugly, not to mention old (and not just old to my kids). So I think I'll add 20 more minutes to the treadmill and age kicking and screaming.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

If it makes you feel any better, that is a normal response to aging (per my Human Behavior in the Social Environment text). Aren't you happy to be developmentally appropriate? And give yourself a little credit for being hotter than lukewarm!

Just Another Mom said...

LOL...It's good to know I have some normal behavior. Fine, I'm not lukewarm, I'm tepid.