THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Reality Checked

I've been whinning for a long time now about being homesick, the things I like about New York, and those I hate about Arizona. Well, the recent bad weather is shutting me up. For the record, I hate snow....ice....sleet....freezing temperatures. How I would go to work after sitting on the LIE for 3 hours to go 30 miles and proclaim I am moving to someplace warm. How much my fingers and toes would freeze while shoveling snow for the ump-teenth time in a 24 hour period. How it would take 15 minutes to warm up my car and scrape off the thick layers of ice. Praying I wouldn't skid out on black ice. Taking forever to get the kids dressed for the cold and snow, and losing waaayy too many mittens and hats. The annoying white grit on my floors and the piles of boots tripping you as you try to leave the house. I don't miss any of that! I complain when the temperature falls below 55, grabbing a sweater. Flip flops are to be worn year around and boots are for fashion purposes only (allowing me to have a cute pedicure all the time). Sunshine is the norm, and clouds and rain are hoped for. Ahhh....I had forgotten the reasons for me moving here....WINTER!

0 comments: