THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

3 Day Breast Cancer Walk

I have been mulling this over for some time now. 20 Miles in 3 days. It certainly is a lot of walking, and especially for a good cause. Those facts are undeniable. Can I do it physically? I'm sure with training I could get myself ready (something I am proud to say now that I couldn't a year ago). But do I want to put in the time and committment? Not just the training aspect, but the money raising and the 3 days itself. Would I want to start a team of my own, with friends and acquaintences (we might not be at the end of the 3 day)? Or join another group who has made a committment, but are strangers? Do I really need to become active in another activity? I already am a Girl Scout Leader (and by the time the walk arrives a Leader for 2 troops), and a volunteer at school and usually for baseball too. Or am I focusing on the negatives too much and not the difference I could make and the discipline it would give me?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So funny you mentioned this now. A friend wants to start a team for the San Diego walk and I have a closet bursting with items for a benefit garage sale. Let's sign up! We can do it. At least that's what I tell myself.

Just Another Mom said...

Do you really think we can do it? Gosh, I'm scared. It's something I wanted to put on my Bucket List, but thought people would think I'm lame.