THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Control

I admit it, I have the Janet Jackson song playing in my head, but I was too lazy to look for it on YouTube. After reading my friend Jennifer's (Broken Bananas- link is on the right ladies) blog post about fighting over wearing jackets, I did a little soul searching. I suppose I have found another 12 step program I need to be in (shopping and Facebook are two others that quickly come to mind). I...Am....A...Control Freak. Arghhhh....I admit it. I make (no arguments here...no use they lose anyway) my kids wear jackets, I must have my bed made, we have a set routine for the morning so I don't kill anyone and get out the door in an orderly fashion. They are not allowed to eat anything without asking permission. I am sometimes a drill sargeant with my kids, barking out orders. Bedtime has it's own rituals. I have managed to resist the temptation of running my home like a classroom. It's good to know I did realize where to draw the line. I can only imagine the rebellion I am going to face once they are teenagers.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think routines make the world go around. I realize though that I have to follow the routine consistently before I can get my kids to.