THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Jumping Through Hoops

The great state of Arizona feels it is necessary to torture teachers from other states seeking certification. There is no true reciprocity (unlike a few east coast states), so you must apply and verify all your documents. My Master's Level degrees are not sufficient proof to this state (which has lower requirements for it's teachers) is not proof enough of my capabiities. My passing scores on national exams, which exceeded Arizona's passing grades, are not valid. $120 is my privilege for a temporary license valid for one whole year. Then I get to pass a course in Arizona State government and a professional knowledge test (who knows, maybe more than one) before they will allow me to convert my Reciprical license for another temporary time period. All for additional fees, of course. Ah, the joy of government red tape.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

At least you're beyond having to jump through hoops just to get your Master's degree.