THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Whole Decade

Another milestone has been reached. My oldest child turns 10 on Tuesday. Double digits. It really makes me feel old. Now my kids don't seem so young anymore. And that ages me. I remember when Jason was in preschool, and there were some other moms who were there with their youngest. That was when I was the "young" mom, and they were the old ones. They would be complaining about hot flashes and wrinkles. I would chuckle as they would lament about PTA and Little League. Oh how quickly that has come back to bite me.

But this is about Jason, not me.

So now I have an older child, a tween. He is still such a darling little boy. He still doesn't like girls. He loves his video games and playing sports. He has no clue about fashion, and he still beleives in fair play. He starts Webelos and is basically a great kid. I'm sure I will look back and be grateful for the wonderful son I have. I hope he grows to be an awesome adult someday.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww you're still a young mom. I can think of at least ten women who are our same age but I swear they're 10 years older. It's all in the mind baby.I'll be right there with you next month.Happy Bday Jason.