THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

18 More Days

I can't believe it, but my youngest will be five on November 8th. Where in the world has time gone? By the time Jason was 5, there were 2 more younger than him. Now, I'm left with no babies. Part of me is sad to know I will never experience being pregnant or giving birth again. My husband has made his wishes for no additional children very clear, so this is a pretty foregone conclusion.

There is just something special about babies, and how they can make anyone smile. I love the way they smell. I love when they play shy. Or when they grab their toes and place them in their mouths. The wonderment on their faces when exposed to something new. But alas, they grow up to smart mouthed, argumentative children.

To help keep me in focus, I will just try to remember the sleepless nights, the endless crying, and the lack of freedom I had when they were infants. Maybe that will shut my biological clock up.

0 comments: