THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soccer Practice Rants

This is a warning, if you don't want to read my ranting, just move onto another blog. This is gonna be a doozy!

For the first time, all three of my children are playing soccer. In itself, this is a challenge, since there are only 2 of us parents (I know, how unique of us). Eventually, (more specifically Saturday), one will be left alone because of scheduling conflicts. It will always be my oldest, who is 9 1/2 and has a good friend also on the team. I can assure you the 4 year old is not allowed to be left alone for any practice or game. The 7 year old can be left for short periods, since I also know 2 other parents from that team.

This leads to my very big rant. Yesterday was the 4 year olds first practice. When I get there I recognize a parent, and her child rings a serious "oh no" bell with me. This could be disaster, but hey maybe the kid has changed in the past year, you never know. Well, I couldn't have such luck. His mom goes off to the playground with her younger child, leaving the 4 year old handful at the practice. No one ever told this child the game is soccer and not tackle football. The boy is picking on my poor little, and I mean tiny girl. She starts to cry. Mom isn't anywhere. Finally she does come back and asks me what's wrong. I relay the story as I saw it, and she just shrugs it off! Now I'm left with a crying kid who claims her soccer season is over because the kid "kept hurting me". *Sigh*

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Time to start working on the headbutt.

Just Another Mom said...

Amanda kept glaring at the boy afterwards. I think she called him something as she passed by him, but I didn't ask what...lol