THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Vanity Sizing

As most of you know from reading earlier posts of mine, I have been successfully losing weight. This week I went on a shopping spree to celebrate. All of my size 6 clothing were starting to look too big for me, and hey I deserve some new threads (even if I'm shopping clearance). My friend Jamie and I headed to the mall last night (yep, just the two of us, out at the mall on a Friday night!). My ego was stroked! At Anne Taylor all the size 4s were too big! Unfortunately, they didn't have much left in the 2s. But for fun, my loyal friend handed me one of the size 0 which were too BIG for her. Yep, I could zip the jean up (not too sure if I could sit though). I looked like a hoochie momma, but hey this was a major accomplishment. Now I might just become an Anne Taylor loyalist if I can lose the last 5 pounds and get into those 0s. So much for Old Navy...which the 4s are comfy! But this made me start wondering. A little research later, and here is what I found: http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-04-19/whitford-vanitysizing

My suspicions were correct. But I must admit it felt good to wear smaller sizes. I guess I am vain after all.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't want to mention the vanity sizing thing because hey, I haven't been a size 4 or 6 since I was a toddler.